Reflections

Hello dear readers,

A belated Merry Christmas and a belated Happy New Year to you all.

It's been a while since I last posted and I've been up to quite a bit since then. My apologies, as always for the delay.

This festive season was different from the usual as I was not actually home for Christmas but had one of three parts. The first was lovely and busy spent with extended family which was wonderful as whilst feeling so quiet inside it was nice to have the busyness of people to talk to and things to do. Yet I decided not to partake in the traditional Christmas swim, a good decision in my opinion. Family is what is so important at this time of year and it was lovely to be with so many of them despite all that had changed.

Boxing Day saw a ridiculously early start as Mum, Dad, Jonah, Eve and I began the long drive up to Manchester for the football. This was made easier however by the breakfast of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Highly nutritious!



So tasty!

It's still amazing to me that in a matter of hours you can end up in a completely different part of the country. One of my favourite traditions has to be Match Day and all it encompasses it'll never get old. Browsing the shop, lunch at Lou Macaris, watching the players come in...I love it! The atmosphere of a football match is second to none. Especially when you win :) I'm loving the Louis Van Gaal era.


The perfect seats!
The next part of the journey was fun for those not driving as everything turned into Narnia but getting to Sheffield in the snow was difficult. However as it settled it meant the next few days involved sledging, snow ball fights and very cold feet. It was lovely to share my new home with the family, and enjoy simple moments of watching tv and cooking together after how busy we'd been.

Since I've been back in N.I  its been great to see friends, drive again, go for walks on the beach (I'VE MISSED THE SEA), go for coffee, and just all the simple things I've missed with the people who I have really wanted hugs from. Those little things make life good. (Especially with the evils of revision and essay writing.)
Northern Ireland is so pretty when the sun shines.

It's still really weird to be in 2015 though.

2014 was a year where so much happened. I turned 19, passed my first year of university, went on a couple of amazing holidays - particularly Amsterdam, got my two first proper jobs, started to drive again, signed for my first flat, finally got rid of the desire to self harm for good, started counselling again, got rejected from lots of jobs, started this blog, lost people I loved, got closer to friends that I love dearly and so many more things beside that I have forgotten to mention. So much has happened. I'm not the same person I was when that year started but I like who I am a whole lot more.

It feels so mixed up in my head because of the bad stuff that happened toward the end and that overshadows it all, turns it ambiguous but I'm going to try and get better at focussing on the good things too. However hard it seems. I know 2015 is going to be hard, difficult, full of memories, and a whole host of things I can't even see coming yet. But I'm going to try and focus on the good things, reflect wisely rather than to torture myself.

You can't ever leave the past behind but you can choose as to how you use it and I'm going to listen to the words of a wise man "It'll all be okay soon."

Come back soon to read about what I'm looking forward to this year.

Love to you all,
Meg x

P.S What has your Christmas and new year been like? Any reflections on 2014?

Music Reflections: Anything by Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood. Loving these ladies at the mo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism and Why It Sickens Me

Mental Health Awareness Week: 'How are you?'

Ten things for ten years: World Mental Health Day 2019