Chapter The Second (Part One): Responsibilities, Routines and A Really Late Blog post

Hello there readers,

It's been a while since I proffered my internal musings up to the internet and to you lovely folk. I apologise for my lateness.

 When I last wrote- over two weeks ago- I was just settling back into life at Sheffield  and left you with the tantalising promise of a post the next week regarding my thoughts on first year and surrounding the start of my second year at university....

Then life, as it so often does, pressed the fast forward button. My free time evaporated and stress levels hit maximum and this was all before I started back at university. It's my first day back today and thus I'm grabbing a moment in my 9-4 Monday timetable to update you all as well as send my apologies for the lack of posts these past few weeks. However I believe it is true that if you don't take time to live life you won't have anything to write about so I offer this my humble excuse and promise a special bumper edition of the Observations of a Fictional Girl blog this week. Keep an eye out for a couple more posts this week.

A summary of my first year of university- that I promised- is that it was amazing in so many different ways. I got to study a degree in a subject that I love, English literature, and whilst the required reading was more intense than I had visualised, lectures less daunting than I imagined and assessment writing more challenging than I'd hoped, it was fantastic. I, as many people know, worry a lot and before I came to university I had many fears about doing well academically, making friends and living independently for the first time.

These fears as usual turned out to be unfounded and I am so glad I didn't let them cripple me. I made friends over time and these friends I missed desperately over the 3 month summer holidays we university students are burdened with, I can't remember not having them around and they enrich my life more than they know.  I LOVE living independently. Cooking the meals I want, having my own space, and planning my life are the fun sides and whilst it is full of responsibilities (which I don't always feel I can handle) I couldn't go back to before. Academic fears are something I am still struggling with but it's definitely nice to start second year feeling more prepared.

In relation to my second year of university, I couldn't wait for it to start because it meant seeing friends, having a more structured routine, joining new societies and actually intellectually stimulating my mind. The downsides will be referencing, endless speed reading and bamboozling lectures but I haven't encountered them yet so on Day 1 all is well. I'll keep you readers up to date with how this progresses.

So, for one last time I apologise for my lateness in posting, I'm going to get back in to a routine now that life is more structured and the stress of bills, being a society president, catching up on reading, helping mentees and general life stuff has died down a bit so you'll have all the observations from my life I know that you've all desperately missed.

See you for part two soon.

Love,
Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism and Why It Sickens Me

Mental Health Awareness Week: 'How are you?'

Ten things for ten years: World Mental Health Day 2019